Skip to content

International student support

Moving to the UK to study is a big step, and it's likely that you will need some advice and support during your time here.

Our support network is here to help you from before you arrive, and throughout every day of your time here.

International Student Adviser

Our International Student Adviser, Vanessa Napolitano, can help with any issues you have during your time at Bradford.

You can speak to Vanessa without an appointment at the MyBradford – Student Support desk in the Richmond Building, between 11:00 and 12:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can speak to an International Student Support & UKVI Compliance Officer between 11:00 - 12:00 Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

You can also contact Vanessa by:

Visa support

The International Student Support Team offers visa advice and guidance to new students, current students, and University staff regarding the Tier 4 rules and regulations.

Available support includes:

  • how to make a successful Tier 4 application
  • complying with the Tier 4 rules during your studies
  • meeting our Tier 4 sponsor licence requirements
  • advice relating to other student-related visa and immigration issues

Students can visit our International Student Support Team advisers at MyBradford - Student Support in the Richmond Building, between 11:00am to 12:00pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

You can also contact the team:

Schengen visas

If you are applying for a Schengen visa to travel around Europe as a tourist, a supporting letter can be obtained from MyBradford – Student Support, located in the Richmond Building.

You will need to provide the details of your travel arrangements (the destination, date of travel and approximate duration of travel) upon request of a letter.

You will need to make your Schengen visa application via the Embassy of the country that you are visiting first, or the country where you will spend the most time, if you are visiting more than one country. 

With regret, we cannot make a Schengen visa application on your behalf, but we are able to signpost you to the correct information. 

Language support

Our language centre offers English language support as a university-wide policy, supporting international students, home students, staff and the wider community.

Support is available before and during your studies.

Language support class

International Study Centre

The International Study Centre (Room 101) is a friendly, supportive space for study, cross-cultural interaction, and language learning.

It's located in the Richmond Building, near Blackwell's book shop.

The centre offers:

  • student-led language classes, every week during term time
  • resources including computers, books, newspapers and magazines
  • events and days out, including trips to places like Skipton, Ilkley, Saltaire and Bolton Abbey

Michael Allhouse is the centre manager. His contact details are:

The centre also has its own Facebook page, This is Room 101.

Career and Employability Services

Career and Employability Services offers comprehensive support for students in developing employability skills, finding placements, part-time jobs and graduate employment. Our website offers online resources.

  • Impartial, confidential discussions for all aspects of career planning, including self-employment
  • Practical help with finding work experience and industrial placements, job search,  CVs, applications, interviews and assessment centres
  • An extensive employability workshop programme, led by staff and/or employers
  • Employer recruitment and information events  
  • Continued support for five years after graduation


To find out more go to our website

Careers service

Financial support for international students

Fees and scholarships

Our fees and scholarships page provides detailed information on tuition fees and scholarship opportunities for international students.

Sponsored students

Your sponsors will be sent progressions reports twice a year, after Semesters 1 and 2. They will include information on your grades, performance and attendance where necessary. They will be completed by your personal or course tutor.

Our support network

We also offer academic and personal support for all students.

Open Day visitor in hat.

Academic student support

We offer a range of academic support services for all students

Student in enrolment queue.

Personal student support

We offer a range of personal and pastoral support services for students