International students are an important part of the University of Bradford and we want to do all we can to help you with your career prospects and finding work during your studies.
Many international students work part-time and in vacations whilst studying as it can provide valuable work experience, enhance language skills and give insights into different cultures.
Which students are classed as International Students?
- International Students are those who are not from European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland.
- All EEA and Swiss Nationals are free to enter and live in the United Kingdom without the need to apply for permission. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are not members of the European Union (EU) but citizens of these countries have the same rights to enter, live in and work in the UK.
- Nationals from Croatia will not have an automatic right to reside as a worker. You may need to apply for permission before you start work (unless you are exempt from work authorisation requirements).
- For further information please check the GOV.UK website.
Information and advice
Below are the links to our information, advice and FAQs about the practicalities of working and studying in the UK for international students.
Further help and advice
Support within the University
- University of Bradford International Office offers a range of advice on living and studying in Bradford including visas, working in the UK, study abroad and preparing to return home.
- Visa Support advisors offer drop-in sessions every weekday from 11.00am to 12.00pm, at MyBradford - Student Services, Richmond Building.
- The Language Centre offers a wide range of English language classes and support depending on your current level of English.
- The official British Council website offers a range of information about studying in the UK from regional and city guides to course search and scholarships.
- GOV.UK for information and application for work and student visas.
- UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) offers advice for international students about studying and working in the UK.