Careers Fairs and Events
We arrange a variety of events to help you improve your employability skills, put you in direct contact with recruiters and give you information about specific occupations.
In semester one of 2016, we have held two graduate careers fairs and a part-time jobs fair (see more details below), and there are more events planned for 2017, please keep an eye on this page for details of forthcoming fairs.
We also hold regular employability workshops on a variety of subjects, led by the careers team and guest speakers from industry.
Date and time: Thu 25 May 2017, 12:30 - 15:30
Our Summer Careers fair is focused on organisations with immediate vacancies, both for students looking for casual work over the summer and graduates looking to get started with their career.More details »
- The Routes into Teaching Fair was held on the 22nd March 2017. See the list of attending organisations.
- The Health, Community and Science Fair took place on the 23rd November 2016. See the organisations who attended.
- The Engineering, Technology and Management Careers Fair took place on the 19th October 2016. See the organisations who attended.
- The Part-time Jobs Fair took place on the 29th September. See who attended.
Who are the careers fairs for?
The simple answer is everybody:
- First and Second Years - many employers and organisations advertise for placements and internships for middle years students. It's also a good idea to have a look around, chat to organisations and get a feel for the kind of organisations that you might want to work for in the future. There's also part-time jobs on offer, especially at the part-time jobs fair in September.
- Final Year students are the main target of the graduate careers fairs in October and November, as lots of employers will be recruiting for graduate roles for the forthcoming year. Each fair is targeted at certain sectors (see the fair details above). However, a wide range of industries and sectors will be represented, and don't forget that there are many roles and career areas within a given sector, e.g. management and accounting roles within the Health sector.
- Graduates - previous University of Bradford graduates are welcome to attend and apply for the advertised positions, check the exhibitor listings for those accepting previous year's grads.
What can I expect?
For each Careers Fair we make the following information available to help you prepare:
- Exhibitors list with searchable opportunities by subject and type (this will be updated regularly up until each fair).
- Floor plans.
- Workshop schedule.
There will also be a CV clinic taking place throughout the day, with help and advice from employers and the Careers team.
Watch the video
How can I prepare for the fair?
- See our page on preparing for the fair for how to get the best out of the day.
- You can also see a student's advice for making the most of the fair on our blog.
- And feel free to come and see us in Careers if you have any questions on how to take advantage of the fair.
National recruitment events
As well as the events we organise, there are also many other graduate recruitment events throughout the year that you may be interested in, which can be targeted to a specific sector or industry, employer, or focus on jobs by region.