Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2019/20
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available
About the scholarship
If you are from a Commonwealth country and would like to study at postgraduate level at the University of Bradford, you may be able to apply for a scholarship under one of the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission schemes.
We are pleased to participate in a number of Commonwealth Scholarship Commission programmes each year, including:
- Scholarships candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries for Master's studies, PhD studies, and for Split-site PhD studies.
- Shared scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries for selected masters degrees.
- Scholarships for students from high income Commonwealth countries for PhD studies.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person.
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2019.
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- 12 months’ support towards completion of a full-time taught postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university. The CSC funds one-year Master’s programmes only, and does not fund MBAs.
- Support towards completion of a full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university.
- All subject areas are eligible – although you should note that the CSC’s selection criteria give priority to applications that demonstrate the strongest relevance to development.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Kiribati (The Gilbert Islands)
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oenno Islands
- Samoa, Independent State of
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- St.Kitts and Nevis
- St.Vincent and the Grenadines
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
How to apply
See the DFID website for details on all of these awards.