Bestway Foundation Scholarship
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2013/14
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
5 scholarships available
Application deadline: 10 June 2013
About the scholarship
The University of Bradford is pleased to announce a new partnership to fund student scholarships in collaboration with the Bestway Foundation, the charitable arm of the Bestway Group.
Under this new five-year agreement the Bestway Foundation and the University of Bradford will commit £250K each to jointly fund five annual scholarships to support postgraduate students applying from Pakistan.
These scholarships, which will cover all expenses including tuition and accommodation fees, will benefit students wanting to study science, technology, maths and engineering-related disciplines.
- Be a citizen and legally resident in Pakistan
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or Licence (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better)*
- Be resident in Pakistan at the time of your application
- Have work experience with a track record of success in your chosen field
- Have not previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit, and leadership skills
- Demonstrate commitment to return to your country and to make a contribution to its future development
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
* Please note that applicants with second class upper and first class Bachelor's degrees may be weighted higher for admission purposes.
These scholarships will be for students domiciled in Pakistan who are starting a full time Master's course at the University of Bradford in September 2013 in one of the following areas:
- Life Sciences
- Engineering, Design and Technology
- Computing and Mathematics
Payment amount & frequency
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Closing date: 10 June 2013.