Dr Muhammad Faisal
Research Interests (key words only)
Applied & Computational Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics & Statistical Genetics.
Muhammad joined the University of Bradford in January 2015 as a Research Fellow. Current research includes developing computer aided-risk score (CARS) funded by The Health Foundation.
Besides working on statistical tasks, Muhammad is also conducting a genetic study on exome sequencing data of Born in Bradford (BiB) participants.
Before joining University of Bradford, Muhammad was a University lecturer at Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (Pakistan).
PhD, University of Vienna, Austria 2012
- Mohammed M. A., Faisal M., Richardson D., Howes R., Angel J., Beaston K., Wright J. (2016) Adjusting for illness severity shows there is no difference in patient mortality at weekends or weekdays for emergency medical admissions. QJM (in press)
- Faisal M., Howes R., Steyerberg E. W., Richardson D., Mohammed M. A. (2016). Using routine blood test results to predict the risk of death for emergency medical admissions to hospital: an external model validation study. QJM (in press)
- Taqi MM., Waseem D., Ismatullah H., Faisal M. (2016). In-Silico Transcriptional Regulation and Functional Analysis of Selected SNPs in PLCE1 and MICB genes that are associated with Dengue Fever. Functional & Integrative Genomics 16, pp:335–345
- Akhtar A., Hussain I., Faisal M., Shakeel M., Ameen M.,Uppal M.T.N., Hussain T. (2016). Prevalence of Head and Neck Cancer in Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (in press)
- Faisal M., Futschik A. Hussain I., Mitwali AM. (2016). Choosing Summary Statistics by Least Angle Regression for Approximate Bayesian Computation . Journal of Applied Statistics. 43 (12), pp: 2191-2202 .
- Tipu M., Saleem U.,Rehman T., Aslam M., Muhammad K., Hussain K., Bukhari N., Hassan S., Hussain Z., Faisal M., Ahmad B. (2015). Protective Role of Lactobacillus acidophilus Against Aflatoxin B1-induced Immunosuppression. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 25(6), pp:1566-1571
- F-aisal M., Futschik A., and Vogl C. (2015). Exact Likelihood Calculation under the Infinite Sites Model Without Recombination. Computation 2015, 3, 701-713
- Haider S.A., Faisal M. (2015). Human aging in the post-GWAS era: further insights reveal potential regulatory variants. Biogerontology Vol. 16(4), pp: 529-541
- Mubarak N., Hussain I., Faisal M., Hussain T.,Shad MY, Abdel-Salam NM, Shabbir J. (2015). Spatial Distribution of Sulfate Concentration in Groundwater of South-Punjab, Pakistan. Water Quality Exposure and Health, Vol. 7, Issue 4, pp 503-513.
- Hussain I., Faisal M., Shad M.Y., Hussain J., Ahmed S. (2015). Assessment of spatial models for interpolation of elevation in Pakistan. International Journal of Global Warming, Vol. 7 (3).
- Hussain I.,Mubarak N.,Shabbir J., Hussain T., Faisal M. (2015). Spatial Interpolation of Sulfate Concentration in Groundwater Including Covariates Using Bayesian Hierarchical Models. Water Quality Exposure and Health, Vol. 7, Issue 3, pp 339-345
- Faisal M., Waseem D., Ismatullah H., Taqi MM. (2014). A Molecular Prospective Provides New Insights into Implication of PDYN and OPRK1 Genes in Alcohol Dependence. Computers in Biology and Medicine, Vol. 53, pp: 250-257.
- Hussain I., Shakeel M., Faisal M., Soomro Z. A., Hussain M. and Hussain T. (2014). Distribution of Total Dissolved Solids in Drinking Water by Means of Bayesian Kriging and Gaussian Spatial Predictive Process. Water Quality, Exposure and Health, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp 177-185
- Faisal M., Futschik A., Hussain I. (2013). A New Approach to Choose Acceptance Cutoff for Approximate Bayesian Computation. Journal of Applied Statistics; Vol. 40, No. 4, pp:862-869.
- Hussain I., Kazianka H., Pilz J., and Faisal M. (2013). Spatio-Temporal Modeling of Particulate Matter Concentrations Including Covariates. Sci.Int.(Lahore),Vol. 25, No. 1,pp:15-21.
- Hussain I., Spoeck G., Pilz J., Faisal M., and Yu H. (2012). Spatio-Temporal Interpolation of Precipitation including Covariates: During Monsoon Periods in Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Statistics,Vol. 28, No. 3, pp:351-365.
- Khan M. S., Awan M. S., Faisal M., Nadeem F., Leitgeb E., and Mathiopoulos T. M. (2010). Probabilistic Model for Free-Space Optical Links Under Continental Fog Conditions. Radioengineering. Vol. 19, No. 3.
- Akbar A., Pasha G. R., Faisal M., and Aslam M. (2007). Reduction in Sample Selection Bias Under Multicolinearity. Proceedings of 3rd National Conference. Vol. 14, 187-194. ISBN: 978-969-8858-02-5. ISlamic Countries Society of Statistical Sciences
- Whole Exome Sequencing and RNA-sequence data analysis, University of Cambridge, UK (17-19 June 2015)
- Oral Abstract presentation at The Farr Institute International Conference 26-28 August 2015
- First International Conference on Stepped Wedge Trial Design, York Trials Unit, University of York, UK (10th March 2016)