Mrs Gill Ryan
|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||Part time - 3 days per week|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
I teach across the pre- and post- graduate nursing curriculum on aspects of adult nursing, community health, safeguarding, clinical skills, moving and handling.
- Module leader for second year nursing module Developing Competency in Nursing Practice
- Module leader for the postgraduate Safeguarding People
- Personal tutor for undergraduate students in Levels 4, 5 and 6 of the BSc (Hons) Nursing Course
Gill is a registered nurse with over 30 years nursing experience, working in hospital and community services as a district nurse, nurse manager, nurse educator and safeguarding lead. In her spare time she is a national trainer affiliated with Rotherham Primary Ear Care Centre, teaching across the Yorkshire region about ear care assessment and management.
Gill’s role as lecturer at Bradford University focuses on undergraduate nursing, she believes and is passionate about nurse education ensuring ‘it’s enjoyable, interactive, engaging and evidence based’.
- Master’s Programme – Systematic Research: Current 2016
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education: 2015
- Primary Ear Care Diploma: 2008
- Nurse Prescribing - Recorded Entry to Register: 2001
- Diabetes in Practice (ENB 928): 1997
- Diploma in Health Studies (District Nursing & ENB 998): 1993
- Continence Promotion and Management (ENB 978): 1994
- Orthopaedic Nursing (ENB 219): 1990
- Registered General Nurse: 1987
- Nurse Lecturer Bradford University - 2012
- Professional Development Clinical Lead & Adult Safeguarding Lead - 2008
- Nurse Manager - 2003
- District Nursing Sister - 1993
- Staff Nurse Adult Orthopaedics Trauma and Elective - 1990
- Staff Nurse Medicine and Haematology - 1988
- Staff Nurse Paediatric Orthopaedics - 1987
- University Representative on the Adult Safeguarding Communications, Engagement and Training Group for Bradford and Airedale Area
- National Trainer for Rotherham Primary Ear Care Course
Undertaking Systematic Review module 2016.