|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||All day Monday and Tuesday, and alternate Thursdays|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Joint module leadership of postgraduate Programme, Prescribing for Healthcare Professionals
- Joint module leadership of postgraduate module, Applied pathophysiology and Pharmacology in Acute and Long-term Conditions
- 2014/2015 teaching applied pathophysiology and pharmacology module in Dubai
- MSc supervision
- Pharmacology to pre-registration nursing Students.
Personal Academic Tutor for CPD students.
Justine Raynsford is a pharmacist and has been a member of the school of nursing since 2009. Her main focus is on teaching pharmacology to pre-registration and post registration students.
She is joint leader of the prescribing for healthcare professionals programme, teaching a multi-professional group of nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists and radiographers. She also works part time as a mental health pharmacist for Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust.
- MSc in Health Research 2008. Leeds University
- Clinical Pharmacy Diploma, 1997, University of Belfast
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours degree, 1989, Bath University
- Practice certificate in Independent Prescribing, 2007, Leeds University
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Registered as a pharmacist in 1990. Started work at Addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge before a 4 year period of teaching pharmacy students in Zambia with voluntary services overseas. Worked as a specialist mental health pharmacist in Leeds since 1996.
Registered Pharmacist and Member of the College of Mental Health Pharmacists.
Current Professional activity involves investigation of how specialist pharmacists can impact medicines management of people with mental health difficulties in primary care.
Ashelford S, Raynsford J, Taylor V. (2015) Pathophysiology & Pharmacology for Nursing Students. London. Sage
McClelland, G.T., Horne, M., Dearnley, C.A., Raynsford, J. and Irving, .D (2014) Experiences and outcomes amongst undergraduate health higher education students with protected characteristics. Journal of Psychological Issues in Organizational Culture 6(1) 38-63
Todd C, Raynsford J, Radcliffe K. (2014) Borderline Personality Disorder: Diagnosis, clinical features and pathophysiology. Clinical Pharmacist.6 (7) 169-173
Todd C, Raynsford J, Radcliffe K. (2014) Borderline Personality Disorder: Management. Clinical Pharmacist 6(7) 174-178.