|Position||Children's Field Nursing Lecturer. Admissions tutor - Children's Nursing|
|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
Research Interests (key words only)
Children's acute care, children's high dependency care, children's acute medical care, children with special and different needs, student support.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Current co leader for September 2015 intake undergraduate nursing cohort
- Cohort and field specific teaching contributions to all undergraduate modules across all three years
- Personal academic tutor to undergraduate students in all three years
- Co module leader for postgraduate “Palliative care for children and young people with a life limiting condition” nursing module
Teaching input on the following post graduate modules:
- Ambulatory Care
- Transitional Care
- Safeguaridng People
Registered European Paediatric Life Support (EPLS) Resuscitation Council (UK) instructor – therefore leads on delivering paediatric resuscitation training and updates to child field students annually.
I am both a registered general nurse (RGN) and a registered sick children’s nurse (RSCN) and have been nursing babies and children since 1994. My principal area of practice was children’s acute medicine, but have cared for children on surgical units also.
I became a lecturer at the University of Bradford in 2013, following several years of attending university to deliver specific teaching sessions from my base within the local acute hospital trust.
I have recently completed a post graduate certificate in higher education practice and a pre requisite module – preparing to undertake a systematic review, creating a review protocol in February 2016. I am now undertaking my end stage dissertation module and will complete my MSc in Advanced Nursing Practice in February 2017.
As a full time lecturer, I take my role very seriously and I am committed to delivering the highest standard of education that I can. I utilise many different teaching approaches to meet the many different learning needs of our students.
- 1994 Registered general nurse
- 1997 Registered sick children’s nurse
- 2000 ENB 998
- 2003 Paediatric advanced life support instructor
- 2004 BSc (Hons) Children’s Nursing
- 2009 Post graduate certificate – advanced child practice development
- 2012 Sheffield Hallam University. Recognition & Management of the Seriously Ill Child. 15 credits, Level 7 module
- 2012 Sheffield Hallam University Critical & Intensive Care of the Child. 15 credits, Level 7 module
- 2015 Postgraduate Certificate – Higher Education Practice
- 2016 MSc Module - Preparing to Undertake a Systematic Review
- 2016 Commenced MSc End stage dissertation