Dr Fiona Meddings
|Location||Horton A Building, Room 3.13|
|Department||School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery|
|Feedback Hours||9:00 - 17:00|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
Research Interests (key words only)
Marking, grading, assessment, lecturers, higher education, protocol analysis, Cognitive Interviewing, health studies.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
Teaching Year 1 PAT (Personal Academic Tutor) - year 1, 2, 3, PgCert Higher Education Practice.
Programme lead pre-registration BSc and MSc Midwifery Studies.
Lecturer in Midwifery since 2001 following a clinical career as a midwife in clinical practice after qualifying as a midwife in May 1990. Before embarking on a midwifery career I trained as a nurse qualifying in 1988.
- Registered General Nurse - 1987 - Leeds General Infirmary
- Registered Midwife - 1990 - Leeds College of Health
- Diploma in Professional Studies - 1994 - Sheffield Hallam University
- Bachelor of Health Science - 1998 - College of Ripon & York St John (University of Leeds)
- Master of Science - 2004 - University of Huddersfield
- PhD - 2017 - University of Bradford
- University of Bradford Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - 2001 - present
- Leeds General Infirmary Midwife Team Leader - 1999 - 2001
- Leeds General Infirmary Midwife - 1990 - 1999
- Leeds General Infirmary Nurse 1987 - 1988
Pedagogy, Student Assessment, Academic Assessment, Literacy.