Dr Lisa Edwards
|Location||Horton A Room 3.13|
|Department||School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery|
|Feedback Hours||Monday - Friday 8.00-16:30|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 232535|
Research Interests (key words only)
Muscle and bone interaction; Bone health; vitamin D.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
Contribute to module leadership and delivery and assessment of:
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation
- M Physiotherapy (Sports and Exercise Medicine)
- Module leadership
- Clinical placements
- 25 years experience working in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Lisa has worked in academia since 1999 and joined the University of Bradford in 2017
- PhD Musculoskeletal - Biomedical Engineering (2003-2010)
- MSc Sports Injury and Therapy Manchester Metropolitan University (2000-2003)
- PGCE (HE) Manchester Metropolitan University (2001-2003)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Sheffield City Polytechnic (1989-1992)
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Membership of the Health and Care Professions Council
Vitamin D and Bone status / health.
Vitamin D status in South Asian children.
University of Manchester.
Farrar, M. D., Mughal. M. Z., Adams, J.A., Wilkinson, J., Berry, J., Edwards, L., Kift, R., Marjanovic. E., Vail, V. Webb. A. Rhodes, L.E. (2016) Sunlight exposure, seasonal vitamin D deficiency and relationship to bone health in adolescents. Journal of Clinical Endocrinological Medicine 101: 3105-3113.
Ashby, R., Mughal, Z., Roberts, S., Edwards, L., Adams, J.E. Ward, K.A. (2009) A reference database for the Stratec XCT-2000 peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) scanner in healthy children and young adults aged 6-19 years. Osteoporosis International 20: 1337-1346.