Gillian Ruth Clough
|Department||School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery|
|Feedback Hours||Monday, Wednesday and Friday|
Research Interests (key words only)
Breast imaging, ultrasound, radiography equipment, radiation protection, image quality and quality assurance.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Radiographic Science and Technology, Ultrasound, Mammography and Clinical Decision Making on the BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
- MSc supervision
- Assessment lead for undergraduate radiography programme
- Faculty radiation protection supervisor
After qualifying as a Diagnostic Radiographer in 1988 Gillian worked at the Bradford Royal Infirmary consolidating her general radiography skills before taking up a Senior Radiographer post with the Leeds and Wakefield Breast Screening Service in 1991. In 1994 Gillian went to work at St James’s University Hospital in Leeds, initially as a mammographer, undertaking post graduate education and training in breast ultrasound and mammographic reporting, and then working as an Advanced Practitioner.
In 1998 Gillian was appointed Superintendent Radiographer of the Breast Imaging Department at St James’s and tasked with establishing and developing this new service. At about this time Gillian became an Associate Lecturer at the University of Leeds, teaching and helping to develop post graduate breast imaging modules. In addition to this Gillian also gave guest lectures on the post graduate breast imaging course at the University of Salford.
In 2003 Gillian took up a teaching post at the University of Bradford.
- PGCHEP, University of Bradford 2005
- MHSc Breast Imaging, University of Leeds, 2002
- PGC Breast Ultrasound, University of Leeds, 1997
- Certificate in Mammography, The College of Radiographers, 1992
- Diploma of the College of Radiographers (R), Bradford School of Radiography, 1988
Gillian has contributed chapters to the text books Breast Ultrasound: how, why and when, 2008 and Fundamentals of Diagnostic Imaging also 2008. Gillian has also published papers on Duplicating Film Quality, Family History Breast Screening, The Detection of Metastatic Lymph Nodes Using High Frequency Ultrasound.
Gillian is a reviewer for The Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences.