Over 70% of our professional courses have professional, statutory or regulatory body recognition.
Why is accreditation important?
- Accredited courses are a mark of quality that employers understand and value.
- Accredited courses give you the chance to become a member of that professional body as a graduate.
- Accredited courses give you the opportunity to become professionally qualified in certain fields.
Engineering & Informatics
- We have one of the longest-established Computer Science departments in the country, offering courses accredited by the British Computer Society.
- Our undergraduate and postgraduate Electrical and Electronic Engineering courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Our BEng, MEng and MSc courses in Chemical Engineering are accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE).
- Our Civil and Structural Engineering courses have accreditation by the Joint Board of Moderators which includes the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), Institution of Structural Engineers (IstructE), Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers.
- Our Civil Engineering courses have accreditation by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and Institution of Structural Engineers (IstructE).
- Our Mechanical and Automotive Engineering courses are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) putting all our graduates on route to Chartered Engineer status.
- Our BEng, MEng and MSc Medical Engineering courses are accredited by the IMechE.
- Our Film and Television Production BA is accredited by Creative Skillset.
- Our Clinical Technology BSc course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Our accredited engineering courses are also recognised by the EUR-ACE system for having the relevant Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) accreditation.
- The latest data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) shows that more than 96% of graduates from the Faculty of Health Studies enter employment or further study shortly after graduating.
- The Faculty is highly regarded for nursing and allied health professions. We work with a number of partners in health and social care, as well as the Third Sector, to make sure that you learn from the best people possible, including leading academics, healthcare professionals and active researchers.
- Our Midwifery Studies and Nursing courses are approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Our Diagnostic Radiography, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy courses are approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Diagnostic Radiography is also approved by the College of Radiographers.
- Our Sport Rehabilitation BSc is accredited by the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT).
- 95%of our 2014 Archaeology and Archaeological Sciences graduates were in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- Our Biomedical Science BSc is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and can lead to registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Our Healthcare Science (Life Sciences) BSc is accredited by the IBMS and Health Education England, and has approval from the HCPC.
- Year 1 of the BSc in Clinical Sciences is accredited by the General Medical Council.
- Our Optometry BSc is accredited by the General Optical Council and is listed in the Complete University Guide 2017's Top 10 for Opthalmics.
- Both our Pharmacy MPharm programmes have recently been fully reaccredited for the maximum period of six years by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Our Integrated Science BSc is recognised by the Institute of Physics (IoP).
Management & Law
- University of Bradford School of Management is part of an elite group of business schools worldwide with the triple-crown of accreditations - AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
Many of our undergraduate Accounting and Finance modules attract accreditation from the professional bodies, such as:
- Our International Business and Management, Management, Finance and Investment, and Financial Management Master's are accredited by the ACCA.
- Our Human Resource Management MSc is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- The Bradford LLB Law has been accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board as a qualifying law degree.
- Depending on modules taken, our Economics students qualify for partial exemption from Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) examinations.
- Our Psychology and Psychology with Counselling undergraduate degrees are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as conferring eligibility for Graduate Membership of the Society with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist and/or Practising Psychologist.
- Our Social Work BA is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and relevant government departments. If you complete the course successfully you will be eligible for registration with the HCPC as a qualified Social Worker.
- Our Working with Children, Young People and Families BA is a collaboration between the University and key employers in social care and the children’s care sectors.