Support for Adult Learners
Over a third of our undergraduate students at the University of Bradford are adult learners who have chosen to return to education and who are studying across all our course areas.
We provide an excellent level of support for adult learners throughout their journey at University.
Our Recruitment team actively work with student groups on Level 2 and 3 Access courses at Further Education Colleges across Yorkshire and Humber and beyond, delivering the following presentations and workshops:
- Making Choices: Applying to University
- Personal Statements
- Interview Skills
- Student Finance
- Student Life
- Subject specific presentations
Student ambassadors who studied Access courses themselves often accompany team members on these visits, providing a first-hand account of their experience as mature students in Higher Education.
All adult learners who are accepted onto an undergraduate course at the University of Bradford are invited to our annual Trans:it Summer School event, which takes place the week before Freshers’ Week.
This gives adult learners the opportunity to meet others starting at Bradford, attend workshops on study skills and to meet staff from the course they will be studying.
This event receives extremely positive feedback from our adult learners:
- “I will take away a better understanding of what lectures, workshops, tutorials and seminars are, as to be honest, I wasn’t sure. I feel confident about seeking maths help without worrying that it would be frowned upon.”
- “I’m not alone. There are a lot more people facing similar difficulties to me and if need help studying or writing, the academic skills service is close by. The best thing about the session was that it gave me a basic foundation about what is expected from students during their studies.”
Trans:it Refreshers Video
Find Out More
Contact our dedicated Adult Learner Adviser, Caroline Priestley
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- t: 01274 235113