Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice
***SORRY, APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2017 ***
This part-time, Postgraduate Certificate is particularly targeted at graduates in the year after they have graduated. It has been introduced specifically to help those who have not secured a job or future career direction.
Please note: this course is not suitable for international students.
The programme has been designed to offer a flexible, part-time postgraduate qualification, taken over 12 months. This means that those who might start work, secure a temporary contract, or even move away from the local area can still carry on with the course through supported learning.
The course will be of particular benefit to those graduates who perhaps have not had any or much work experience, or perhaps feel that they need further preparation for their career before finding a job. The postgraduate course provides opportunities to understand the processes involved in securing and managing your career, including an opportunity for a work placement or volunteering experience. Previous students have found that the opportunity to have a work placement has been extremely valuable to their job search and future career plans.
The two 30 credit modules are:
- Professional Career Management
- Professional Practice on Placement
Reasons to choose the Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice
- Develop your knowledge and skills to enhance your employability in a very competitive graduate job market.
- Develop your critical understanding of key issues in the local, regional and national graduate job market and get to know the techniques used by recruiters.
- The programme includes practical activities and team projects to develop your skills; enabling you to present yourself effectively to secure a graduate job.
- Develop your understanding of career planning and to develop the insights and skills to enable you to manage your own career plan.
- A period of work placement or volunteering experience to add to your CV.
- Flexible study opportunities so that you can continue the course even when you get a job offer.
"Thank you for your help over the past few months. I have really enjoyed my time on the course and I'm grateful for the opportunity" - Madehah, 2014. (Madehah went on to work for Hallmark.)
"Choosing to study the PGCEMP has been one of the best decisions I have made" Aqib, 2014
"This course has been of benefit to me as it has helped me with CV issues, putting myself into the job market and overall has helped me become more confident in finding a job." Nusrrat, 2016
"I have thoroughly enjoyed this course as it has provided me with the opportunity to enhance my skills as well as gain confidence." Aliyah, 2016
Complete the online application form
Applications are now closed for 2017.