Life After Uni
At Career and Employability Services we are dedicated to making sure that everyone graduating this year is ready for Life After Uni.
With this in mind, we have a programme of events to help you with all aspects of your forthcoming career.
Please see below for how we can help you prepare for Life After Uni:
Our team of Career Consultants can help you to plan for your future. This includes:
- Helping you to consider your options and turn your ideas into plans
- Finding a job – where to look for work and the best approaches
- Providing in-depth information tailored to your subject
- Making applications and preparing for interviews
- Further study - making the right choices and making applications
We are open year round, and if you're not in Bradford we can arrange a Skype appointment, a chat on the phone or a response by email.
We also offer a drop-in service for quick queries.
READY, SET, GO! Our summer workshops programme
From Monday 15th May we will be running our three-part workshop series, Ready Set, Go! on a regular basis throughout the summer. A description of each workshop is below- each will be taking place multiple times so you can attend them all in one day or spread them out over the summer if you prefer.
Click on the session title to see the available dates and times, and don't forget to book your place!
- Many recruiters advertise their opportunities and they will be looking for people like you … but how can you find them?
- This session will help you with your job search, provide job seeking advice such as knowing where recruiters advertise and the hidden jobs market and will also help you get started on your job seeking strategy.
- This session will provide useful resources for your job search including our JobsOnline database and other resources, and explain how to make the best use of Career and Employability Services.
- See the dates and times and reserve your place.
- Come and find out how best to sell yourself and learn some useful tips on making effective applications.
- This session will give an overview of written applications (such as CVs, covering letters, applications and personal statements).
- Selling yourself includes having a strong personal brand with a social media presence e.g. on LinkedIn.
- Finally it will provide useful resources and explains how Career and Employability Services can help you make winning applications.
- See the schedule and book your place.
- This session will give an overview of personal presentation, networking and interviews to help you make a positive impression on employers.
- You will have a chance to practise some typical interview questions and receive feedback.
- We will also provide hints and tips and useful resources and explain how Career and Employability Services can help you get that job.
- Reserve your place now.
Your Job Search
Looking for a job can be a daunting prospect. There are so many websites, job boards, newspapers and recruitment agencies it can be difficult to know where to start. We have provided some useful tips on where to look and hints on job-hunting whether you are looking for a job while you are studying or after you graduate on our Finding a job or placement pages.
And most importantly make sure you register with our Jobs Online database to access hundreds of immediate vacancies and internships from employers looking for Bradford graduates.
The Career and Employability Services Mentoring Programme is an opportunity for you to gain information, guidance and knowledge from professionals in a sector you are considering working in. You have the chance to pick their minds and get excellent help and support all for free, but if you are interested please make sure to apply before your graduation.
Bradford Graduate Internship Programme 2017
The Bradford Graduate Internship Programme gives graduates struggling to find work valuable PAID work experience and the opportunity to develop employability skills and improve the chances of securing a permanent job.
Starting in October 2017: The list of 10-week internship opportunities within the University and external employers, many of which have the potential to become permanent employment.
Online Careers Resources
Check out our website for great resources including our Build My Career. This virtual careers centre has an interview simulator, an online CV builder, job hunting support and masses of very useful videos and podcasts.
If you are not already registered, please email us with your name and personal email address we will set you up with a graduate login.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice
The Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice our new flexible postgraduate qualification which includes a work placement and a programme designed to enable you to develop the insights and skills to enable you to manage your own career plan. Free places are available for University of Bradford graduates.
- Details of the course starting in January 2018 will be available in Autumn 2017.